2243 Mt Diablo St
Mount Diablo High School opened in 1905 on three and a half acres donated by AW Maltby. Many of the students came to school from surrounding towns. The original two-story building was named for Bertha Roman who served as a teacher and principal for over thirty years. It was demolished in the 1960’s. The original gymnasium was replaced in the 1940s. Still standing, however, is an extensive array of buildings constructed in the 1920s. Since the late 1930s, population growth has led to the construction of 15 public and private high schools in the area.